- By registration of a domain name on the Internet the registrar, ISOC AM, and Armenia Network Information Center (AM NIC) are accepting in good faith that the registrant have the right to use such name. We can revoke a domain if it is proved that the domain is being used for spreading spam and/or any illegal or inappropriate purposes (to stir up an international, ethnic, religious discord, to abet in international terrorism, to promote violence, to boost up pornography, to support trafficking).
- Since August 01, 2009, a working group discusses all complaints for suchlike issues, suggests decisions, which come into force by resolution of the Council of ISOC AM.
- Applications for "too generic" domain names may be refused.
- Domain names considered by the Registry as having national value and included in the reservation list can be provided only by a decision of the Council of ISOC AM.
- Geographical names and country names, widely known acronyms and abbreviations, famous brand names may not be registered as a domain name; however, in certain circumstances, when the registrant provides adequate documentary evidence that he/she has a right to the domain name in question, AM NIC may register such domain name.
- Applications for domains with immoral and curse names may be refused.
- Our function in registering names on the Internet is to assure that the name does not conflict with any other name in the name space.
- AM NIC reserves the right to revoke the registered domain name if it is proved that the provided information/documents are not true, truthful, and/or complete.
- The user by registration and use of the name and/or continued use of an existing name, agrees, as part of his request for name registration, to indemnify and hold harmless from any and all costs, fees, expenses arising from litigation involving trademark, trade name, service mark, and any other name infringements, or other reasons, the registrar and the Armenia Network Information Center.
- The party requesting registration of a name certifies that to her/his knowledge, the use of the name does not violate trademark or other statutes.
- Registering a domain name does not confer any legal rights to that name and any disputes between parties over the rights to use a particular name are to be settled between the contending parties using normal legal methods.
- A registrant who applied online for several domain names but failed to pay for them is deprived of rights of online registration and can do that only by signing a contract with a Registrar.
- The content(s) of any Web site(s) or page(s), or any other system used for distribution of information, including but not limited to the textual, audio, video, still images, computer programs, etc. should not violate the laws of the Republic of Armenia or applicable international treaties or conventions.
- The exclusive place of jurisdiction is the territory of the of Armenia.
- At all times the provision of all services shall be subject to the laws of the Republic of Armenia and applicable international treaties.
- The party requesting registration of the name certifies that such registered domain will not be used for any illegal or unethical purpose under any circumstances in any country. Should the party requesting registration or the de jure or de facto owner or operator of domain use the domain for any illegal purposes stated above AM NIC reserves the right to suspend the domain name and/or revoke the registration by the decision of the Council of ISOC AM.
Was this answer helpful?